Saturday, April 21, 2012

Final thoughts.....

As I wrap up this session of blogging for the semester, I find myself having enjoyed most of the topics I covered so far.  I also find myself to be a very limited person in the scope of information that I have to offer in terms of blogging.  This week turned out to be quite a struggle when it came time to write about a new topic.  Nevertheless, I was able to persevere and find something new to blog about...

On that note I'd like to take a moment to talk about a site that I have found to be very useful over the years when it comes to staying current on things happening and is also a great tool for expanding my knowledge of education and its applications.

Wikipedia

I know, I know, this is nothing new here, but bear with me on this one.  Wikipedia is a great resource for finding information that other people have taken the time to research and link to.  The first instance that I really started to make use of this was with my very first special education class.  That class was filled with terms and concepts that were entirely foreign to me.  I was about as lost as they come until I took the chance to use Wikipedia to help me define a basic term for the class.  From there I found that Wikipedia was a treasure trove of information.

When you take Wikipedia on a per instance basis, it can be very daunting and confusing, but if you start to click through the links on a launch page for a subject you are looking into, it becomes this well orchestrated labrynth of information that help any user expand their knowledge base.

On that note, it's been a great semester and I look forward to someday adding to this blog and hopefully making a small contribution that can help someone else down the road.

Thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment